ESSEX, MD — Hazardous materials personnel were called to an apartment complex in Middle River Wednesday night, according to Baltimore County public safety officials. An apartment building was evacuated during the investigation, authorities reported.
At 10:55 p.m., officials said they were responding to the 300 block of Retford Road in Middle River.
Authorities said they were called for a report of smoke and found suspicious materials.
The building was evacuated and authorities skilled in handling hazardous devices were called, according to officials.
Public safety personnel reported the smoke was traced to a candle.
Graphic by Patch.